View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderm5 View Post
I have a 2006 bmw m5 and i am having trouble with my smg ..trans..at first i had problems with the increased emissions and check engine soon..i kept telling the dealership what was the problem and they could not fine it ..kept changing the shaftcrank cesor...anyway i am at 73000 miles and now the transmission bangs a little bit from 1 to 2 and 3 ...and on...but 70 percent of the time it is doinng this...the dealership is telling me its gonna cost me 900 to just look at it to find out whats wrong with it...and i think thats bull****...they should be able to tell me whats wrong with it before i pay for anything...all these computers and tech...wtf...anyway..i was wondering if it could be a clutch or sesor?...or something else there telling me it could be the transmission...but i dont believe that...they wanted me to trade my car in valued at 16000 dollars are you kidding me...like wtf is wrong with these people and they wonder why audi and poruche are taking offf...and bmw is being left behind....is there an after market warranty that i can buy to protect me?...or what can this problem be...i have be telling the dealership aabout this problem since i was in warranty since i felt that the car was loseing power...but nothing still stupid anwsers...
Interesting rant.

Anyone that has done proper research on the early E60 M5 would surely know that the SMG is a total disaster and costs stupid money out of warranty.. In fact, did you not wonder why your new used car was so cheap!?!?!? Because they are a nightmare to maintain.

Your fault

And now that the car is broken, you want to buy a warranty to 'protect' yourself? That's fraud.

If you do not understand the need to open mechanical assemblies to diagnose issues, you ought to be driving a 4 cyl 1980s Toyota

Go to m5board for tons of info on this PRECISE issue