View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:11 PM

Mein Auto: '03 bmw z4 roadster
Gene, unlike some of the others reporting on this forum, I luckily had little trouble removing and replacing the "hoop" in the clips at its ends. But should there be a next time - which I'm sincerely hoping there's not - I'll keep the bent screwdriver in mind.

I'm beginning to understand what you're saying about replacing the plastic retainer clips in the "compartment floor" (thanks for the proper term, Shipkiller!); I may have to read it a few more times and study the photos closely. I've got the "compartment floor" out right now, and it should be easy to see how the little buggers go in.

Re the boot, I'll try to post some photos in the next couple of days; just so we're on the same page, it's that complicated rubber fitting that goes over where the top's arms are attached to the body. The driver's side one fits perfectly; it's the passenger side that's giving me fits. As for the 3M trim tape, the stuff didn't work for me at all. Any idea where to get the stuff/double-sided tape that was there originally?