View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 BMW 328i Sports
On Site Pre-Purchase Inspection Service - ZHP

Hey guys.... some of u may already be helping me with a purchase of a ZHP... since I may be buying one from somewhere remote out of my location, I was thinking of getting someone on craigslist who knows about ZHP's to go inspect for me for a fee.. of course I would have to test him over the phone on his knowledge etc...

But I just found an alternative... anyone used this service I just found:
inspectmyride.com ? It seems exactly what I want but the only bad thing is, it is mostly cosmetic, and they wont even test drive it if the weather is bad or some other excuses. I am thinking this is better than nothing, but I dont feel great about it, and not sure if they are even sending an appropriate mechanic on site.

This actually came from a link of an eBay listing for a ZHP in Jacksonville, FL, and the guy even uploaded a video which was nice. It would have been better if when he shut off the radio so we could hear the engine if HE shut up so I could hear it. Also he talked about Xenon lights and failed to turn them on when he did his walk around, but I guess not a big deal. It has a lot of miles but it sounded good from what I could hear.

If this is no good, anyone know of a good way to search for someone who will do an inspection at a remote location professionally? I'd just hate to drive or fly to a place only to find the seller "neglected" to tell me something that may cost me a lot of $$$ in the future.

ANY other suggestions or something you have done that worked would be appreciated. Thanks!
Tires: BBS 17" rims
Hankook Ventus V12
Front: 225/45ZR
Rear: 255/40ZR

Answerway.com
Ads by Google