View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 03:45 AM

Mein Auto: 550i GT
Thumbs up New Oil Pump = No Engine Whine

After three visits, many calls I finally walked in and dropped 32 pages of threads dealing with engine whining from this forum. They explained that they would record the sound the car was making this time and send it to BMW. The next day they finally agreed to replace the oil pump and it arrived in two days. As a result, the new oil pump does not whine and the sound is gone. The car is as new once again. Furthermore, when I was picking up my car the advisor began telling me that he had two more come in just this week with the same issue. He also explained that the two cars that came in were not nearly as bad as my GT.
Although I am temporarily happy with the car again, I am certainly disappointed in the way BMW deals with owners. I have owned many brands and have never had to argue to get issues dealt with every time they arise.

The information from this forum allowed me to present the data that was actually included on the work order description which convinced them to resolve the issue, so thanks to all who contribute to the site.