View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 AM

Mein Auto: X5 3.0i
Kidney Grill Removal & Replacement

After some time now, I've had some rattle and found a few tabs on my front kidney grills broken causing a small vibration and movement. I have been wanting to change these for sometime now.
I removed and installed my grills today. (An EASY 30 minute job if that) the tabs were very brittle on the old ones and were easily broken from the slightest pressure. Pay close attention to detail when installing the new kidney grills, they are plastic and can easily be broken to.

I ordered my front set for my 2004 X5 3.0i, and just received my parts yesterday.
The Part listed is for a "04" model and differs from previous models so make sure you check for your particular model.

You can find your part number by going here: www.realoem.com and typing in the last 7 numbers of your Vin.

Once you have done this, simply click "browse parts", and a parts menu will appear, On the left click on "Vehicle Trim" and the box to the right will change, then click"Exterior Trim".
Your part picture should show as a "Part" break down picture. Click on the picture and it will give you a close up view with a parts & price list. (Price listing isn't current or actual dealer pricing) FYI. However I found a Foreign auto parts store in which the pricing is very close.

*It's obvious the OEM listing has much more to it and can be a valuable tool.

Since it's really easy to break off any of the 6 existing plastic tabs. Here is a DIY helpful video to replace your own.

CHEERS and Good Luck!

Mud~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-20 at 10.51.50 AM.png
Views:	77
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	346575  
Ads by Google