View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
see my responses in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasspock View Post
Hello. I was hoping to get a little guidance regarding my next car purchase. I suspect this will be the first of many BMWs (wife wants a 3-series).

I've looked at all of the SUVs: acura, audi q5, bmw x3, cadillac, infiniti, lexus, and volvo. Narrowed it down to audi q5 and bmw x3....and after driving these two multiple times, it wasn't much of a contest, the x3 wins.

The X3 is the be driving suv in it's class hands down. It isn't the prettiest hence one of the last suv's in the class I drove. My runner's up were the Kia Sportage Turbo and Volvo XC60 T6.

I had a couple of questions before I purchase:

1. MSRP of my config is approximately $46,000. Invoice around $42,300. I've read/heard paying $500-1000 above invoice is about right, but does this hold true with BMW's vehicles?

Sorry, can't help in the US. Up here I negotiated about 6% off msrp ... about $67K all in.

2. Is the replacement run flat tire package worth considering? I've read about some horrific experiences with these tires in terms of life and replacement cost.

I haven't had any concerns about RFT

3. Any experience with the following dealers: Cedar Rapids, IA, Des Moines, IA, Davenport, IA, Peoria, IL

Nop

4. If I hit the park button on the gearshift while in transit, will it completely destroy my transmission?

I have inadvertently hit the P at very low speed an the car did go into park. I donno what would happen at higher speed but I would assume the BMW engineers would not permit a catastrophic accidental application of the park selection at speed.

Thanks in advance for any information provided.

Last edited by lbjgh; 10-20-2012 at 07:55 PM.