View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by skohler View Post
OK- may be another variation here but when I select sport or sport+ my default is chassis and transmission (the shift points definitely are changed). I selected this and have no problem. When in sport or sport+ AND I move the gear selector over to the left- the transmission seems to become even more aggressive (it instantly drops a gear and per the same speed keeps the revs much higher).

Is this normal for everyone or is this what the sport auto tranny is for?? It is normal for me now, but at first felt like a preflight check with buttons and things to do before driving. My only gripe is remembering to shift the gear selector back to normal before trying to reverse.
It should drop a gear when you put it in sport + just the same as if you move the lever to the left when not in sport mode already. I can't imagine there are two levels of the sport settings in the transmission. I have not put my car in sport + in quite a while as I never have a need to. Next time I drive the car I'll try to remember give it a try and see if I'm remembering it correctly.
2013 BMW 1600 GT---2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000---2012 Ducati Panigale