View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
First disclosure, I came from a 2003 Honda Accord V6 with sports tires (18".) This is my first BMW. I picked X5 more or less because of its utility vs. 3 series vs. X3.

On most surfaces, the car is smooth and feel more comfortable than Honda Accord. I can still feel some changes in the road surfaces. It just feel more comfortable while transmitting that information to me. I do appreciate that.

I am not sure if it was just the road or adaptive drive. There is a stretch of freeway 85 near San Jose area from 17 north bound that is paved with concrete. When I drove over that section, there seem to be some side motion/wobbling happening with the X5. That is kinda strange. I need to drive it with my old car to see if that is just the road or the car. On every other road I have taken, this was not an issue. It is the only time I noticed something feel less precise and connected between the car and the road. Other than that, the car has been very smooth. I am sure that 18" Michellin has something to do with that as well.

On the plus side, I can't feel any body roll.