View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 PM
WAR MACHINE

Send a message via AIM to beemer1804 Send a message via Yahoo to beemer1804
Mein Auto: 95 740IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FABOCH View Post
I say service your tranny........even tho BMW says you neve have to- Tranny fluid good for life- not true ......I spent $ 4500.00 for New tranny @ 98k miles.....
the way my tranny went it never gave me any trouble or sign what so ever......damn thing ran good , smooth until 1 day driving my 3 yr old in the parking lot going 5mph. I then heard a High rev----------........instant tranny burned.....went into Trans Fail Safe mode......damn thing was suppose to put me in 3rd or 4th gear but it didnt...I couldnt go in reverse or forward. I had to tow the car.......Service guys told me that there were burned pieces at the bottom of the tranny pan How did I burn tranny? espec @ 5 MPH?....I was getting quotes from BMW 7500k range............Dont be guessing that its just going to fix itself...........for peeps sakes take it to the mech.

Yea the bmw people are telling me not to change my tranny oil and filter, but im getting the shudder, and i dont have any service info from the last owner, i think imma just go for it, what do you guys think?