View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCZ View Post
Yes, I am actually a bit surprised to see the mpg numbers reported by others. My model is nearly a complete stripper sDrive28i. The only options are moonroof, servotronic, and paddle shifters. The car came with Goodyears LS2 tires.

One of the reasons I chose the RWD model was the fact that I suspected the fuel economy would be better (less frictional losses, lower weight, EPS, narrower tires, lighter wheels / less rotational inertia).

I am located in Silicon Valley, so it's mostly flats around where I drive, though I do live on a small hill. I consider myself a fairly smooth non-agressive driver, though I do floor it occasionally. Most of the highway driving is usually around 75 mph. For comparison, my long-term mpg in an 09 Cooper S (manual) in the same conditions is 30.3 mpg.
I wonder if the 17 inch wheels are doing something to assist in the MPG you are getting. I don't think any of the people complaining so far had 17 inch wheels. I am just looking to try to explain it somehow... there has to be a reason!