View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 01:31 PM
d is for Diesel

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 35D
Quote:
Originally Posted by JŠnos View Post
I seem to recall that rule only applies to gasoline since it is more risky to handle. You should be able to pump your own diesel in NJ, though you might encounter some resistance if the attendant doesn't know you have a diesel motor.

Yes, the look on the gentleman's face was priceless. He was flagging me towards an empty pump and I was cruising around looking for the green pump. Never had a problem with them filling me except for that one time. Now he gets a big grin on his face and says diesel when I pull up. (doesn't appear to speak much English not that it matters) Generally they don't freak out if you get out and pump though. I've on many occasion "helped out" when they were slammed with customers (or finished the transaction myself in that scenario too) I work an hour into NJ and have an 80 mile daily commute so it's no biggie for me to stop by a station in NJ on the way home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JŠnos View Post
I never got my adapter either, but never have needed it over the course of several years. The empty slot is for a much smaller tool (stuff like an emergency sunroof opener, etc.). BMWs come to the USA missing several of those little tools, due to cost-cutting. There are a couple threads in the main E90 forum which tell you how to order those parts, if you are interested in having a complete set.
I don't suspect I'll need it but it would be nice to know what's in the missing spaces. I'll have to dig around for that thread you mentioned.

figured I'd attach a pic. Item "A" shows holes in the trunk lid, Item "B" is the missing tool space.

Last edited by kungpao; 10-23-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: added pic