View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 530i Sport
If you are detailing a new new car then you will be really happy with Zaino. I clayed my wife's Optima and followed with Zaino. On new paint it holds up very well.

I dry using a "watering can" technique. Get a watering can with an orifice of about 3/4 inch. You don't want one that simulates a spray head but one continuous stream of water. Fill the watering can with water and start at the top of the car. Pour enough water out of the watering can to create a solid sheet of water over the entire horizontal surface. You may have to move side to side somewhat. Work your way down the panel from high to low. You should be left with very little water on the body panel and therefore very little water to remove during your drying process.

You can youtube this also. Some people use their water hose. I'm too lazy to remove my spray nozzle from my hose. Two fills of my average size watering can allows me to do one car.

Also, don't be afraid of the claying process. It is very simple and surprisingly quick. Just be sure to use plenty of spray lubricant.