View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Mein Auto: 2014 M6
From the dealer:

Morning Adam, my shop foreman *** spoke with Lauderdale BMW this morning and found out that they lubed the caliper slides at no charge as a courtesy to silence the clicking noise. Unfortunately, BMW does not cover "unpleasant noises", and Jim said that for $290.00, he will pull the front/rear pads off the vehicle, and lube the caliper slides again if you would like, but this not a warrantable repair due to it not being a parts defect. Let me know how to continue.

Starting to lose my cool on this one. Just about had it with having to fight with dealerships every time I bring my car in for something. Here's my reply:

What kind of bull**** service is this? One dealer wants to charge me $290 for what another dealer did for free? I'm pretty sure this is marketed as a luxury vehicle, not a utility vehicle. Would they really go through the effort of installing noise-reducing glass if they wanted us to just deal with "unpleasant noises?" I haven't heard this or any other unpredictable noise on any of my loaner BMWs, my previous 7-series, or the Lexus I've owned before this. Brief your service manager on this and have him call me.

2015 Ford Expedition Limited
2014 M6 Convertible Individual Citrin Black
2013 750i Mineral White
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue