View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
From the dealer:

Morning Adam, my shop foreman *** spoke with Lauderdale BMW this morning and found out that they lubed the caliper slides at no charge as a courtesy to silence the clicking noise. Unfortunately, BMW does not cover "unpleasant noises", and Jim said that for $290.00, he will pull the front/rear pads off the vehicle, and lube the caliper slides again if you would like, but this not a warrantable repair due to it not being a parts defect. Let me know how to continue.

Starting to lose my cool on this one. Just about had it with having to fight with dealerships every time I bring my car in for something. Here's my reply:

What kind of bull**** service is this? One dealer wants to charge me $290 for what another dealer did for free? I'm pretty sure this is marketed as a luxury vehicle, not a utility vehicle. Would they really go through the effort of installing noise-reducing glass if they wanted us to just deal with "unpleasant noises?" I haven't heard this or any other unpredictable noise on any of my loaner BMWs, my previous 7-series, or the Lexus I've owned before this. Brief your service manager on this and have him call me.

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue