View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 05:53 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffBrew View Post
Already planned to do oil this weekend. Sending sample to Blackstone for analysis, too. I have a long road trip planned for next week, so may change again soon after to attempt to take any dirt/crap out with the oil.
I got the results from Blackstone for my first oil change on the Z4 M Roadster which I did on 10/5. The official service history shows that after the 1200 mile service the oil was changed 13 months later and again 18 months later. Then it was out of warranty on time. After that all I knew was that the original/previous owner had the oil changed by a BMW mechanic at a BMW dealer but off-the-books on the weekend. The last oil change was done last November. The original owner rode his motorcycle more than drove this car and only averaged a tad over 6,000mi./yr. Here's what Blackstone said:
""You weren't sure on the oil type, so we're happy to confirm that it was indeed 10W/60 oil. We can also report that it looks like the previous owner took good care of this BMW. Universal averages show typical wear levels for this type of engine after about 4,900 miles on the oil. We don't know how long this oil was run, but with wear this close to average, we think something in the 4,000-5,000 mile range would be a good guess. The TBN was still plenty strong at 4.0, so lots of active additive was left (1.0 is too low). Now, go out and have some fun." "
I just completed the valve adjustment this afternoon and everything went smoothly. All Inspection I items are now complete and the car is in good health!

Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!