View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
One suggestion that might get more attention is to document via audio/video (cell phone or camcorder) noise is and then post to Youtube. BMW and for that matter all car manufacturers follow popular forums like ours and that would get there attention. I would also contact BMWNA with the posted Youtube link to let them know that the problem has gotten to the point that you needed to take this measure to obtain results.
Best idea I can provide at this point...
Excellent idea.
Rattles are hard to diagnose unheard. Case in point, a week or so ago I thought I was developing an annoying rattle around my rear view mirror area. After poking pushing and playing with every conceivable thing, I finally determined it was that my V1 wasn't balanced in its mount to the windshield. It wasn't until I hear the noise and saw it bobble that I put the two together. I also had a creak last winter that I finally diagnosed as not being the top, but being the rear and front windows rattling against one another because the seal had gotten dry. That's when I learned about very sparingly using Krytox on the seal between the front and rear window. Not saying these are your issues, just saying that documenting them audibly might be the key to solving them.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793