View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 AM
E39 540i Sport

Mein Auto: 2003 540i w/Sport Package
sorry, couldnt quote correctly.

Either way I think Im having the 'battery drain' issue so many have had.
I verified that the car does go into 'sleep mode' after 16 mins (P light on shifter goes out and no fans running)
I didnt mention this before ... the A/C comes on each time I start the car after its been off for more than 15-20 minutes (if i run into a store real quick and come out and turn it on the A/C is off)
This may be due to the fact that the 'Auto' setting on A/C doesnt really work, the button is stuck down and I believe this may be a culprit ... maybe
Checking the old service records I see the PO told the Indy that he could not lower the A/C blower speed manually but Auto function works fine, they suggested replacing the A/C panel/control unit to fix, it was not done.
I then see that when he had this new radio installed the installers had to disable something that now makes the auto function no longer operable, the button feels stuck down.

Im still TS this but Im thinking that the workaround is going to get the battery recharged and try to find a way to make the AC not come on when powering on the car.
All these systems kinda make me want to just buy a less 'German' car lol