View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1994 530i, 1977 320i
I promised to report back and I don't have much but.

I am getting voltage coming to the connector at the rear window and I am picking up voltage on the wire strips for only about 1 1/2 inches horizontally away from vertical strip connected to the connector wire where the voltage is leading in. There's a break that seems to go exactly in a vertical direction down the wires about that distance from the vertical line.

I don't have an exact voltage reading but I'm thinking that the voltage is not all that important just to make these wires get a little warm. So now I am thinking about finding an older windshield and testing the strips for connectivity and replacing the rear windshield or possibly considering repairing the break in the parallel wires that run horizontally on the rear window but my guess is that route will be ugly. Otherwise, diagnostics and work on this have been delayed by rainy weather and the lack of a garage to do the diagnostics and some other concerns with the front suspension that are taking precedence for the moment. I'll be back.