View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
It was too late to contact dealer to ask about the suspension on the x-drive sport, I can see where there could be an error, yet I was told it had the sport suspension...I went to the BMW Config site and it had the same information on the x-drive for the #704 Sport suspension.
What bmwconfig does not show you is that all x-drive cars get 704 deleted when they are built.

Get over it. It's still a good car, just not as good as if it had the adaptive setup.

From what one of the site administrators here with contacts at BMW have explained, the 10mm lowered sport suspension does not clear all of the x-drive components. That is the reason that the x-drive cars are not equipped with the more aggressive sport suspension even if you order the sport package.

The m-adaptive suspension similarly is not lowered 10mm, but it does include the dynamically adjustable, real time active magnetic dampeners (shocks) which make a huge difference in how the car handles, especially when it is in the sport setting.

Last edited by voip-ninja; 10-27-2012 at 09:45 AM.