Thread: S54 Swap
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: what ever starts
Okay, got in some stuff this week, engine stand, micrometer, harness for injectors, and feeler gauge. Goal today was to get the engine out of the Jeep. Poor planning on my part. Then I got the idea to cut away the part of the pallet I didn't need and use the lift as a lifting table.
That's about 20 inches wide so I just backed the Jeep up to it and my wife and I slid the engine on to the platform. Since we had already bolted the plate for the stand to the block, we then moved the Jeep out and lowered the lift until we could fit the stand to the block. Lowered the rest of the way and the engine stood right up on the stand. Box is the new dif waiting to go.

Plan for tomorrow is to get the pan off and let everything drip out of there and start measuring the valves. Local dealer said the will sell me the individual plates so I don't have to buy the kit and try to sell it later.

Starting to compile list of spare parts I will have available to sell:
Starter
Euro oil filter housing
BMW oil lines
3.15 lsd
Kosei K1 16X7 with Bridgestone REO 1R 225 50 16
M52 with S52 cams, M50 manifold, Ireland long tube headers, and Shark injector. Note the injector has not been installed so it will work with any car. Also the harness and other items if someone is looking to swap in to an appropriate vehicle.
Thats it for today. I will get a selling thread going shortly.