View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsankey View Post
I've had Evolve tune before... Low upfront cost, but pricey to get re-tuned when the dealership wipes, as in my case. Great power curve, especially pulling away power at highway speed in M6. I just had Vtech remap and DPF removal done last week.. Comparable tune cost, but DPF removal for US spec is very labor intensive. Complicated process with all the sensors and egr, etc. Great power, sound and amazing mpg..but still too early to give too much of a review.
If I recall correctly when VS Motorsports started offering the Evolve tune when I questioned them about dealer DME reflashes that would erase the tune, they stated they would reflash for free.

While the DPF removal peaks my interest I am not excited about the idea of blowing black smoke. There was somone elese that did this and had his car dynoed before an after and he stated he actually lost HP - now that could be due to a couple of things non-DPF related, but point being he saw no gains as a result of the removal. He stated he was going to reinstall the DPF because he didn't like the black smoke.