View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: what ever starts
Thanks guys, I soaked it in PB Blaster and it finally broke free. Randy, the plug here was solid and I am cleaning all this mess up so you don't have oil all over the place when I bring this down to you. I am guessing that the plug is not OEM either due to the coil not being trimmed. Pinecone, I got most of the oil out while I had this engine sitting in the back of my Jeep. Cold 10w60, if that's what it was did not flow too well. Luckily next time it would be warm. This engine had 114,000 on it so the bottom was coming off anyway and I am taking this down to Randy for the rod bearings. Here is what the pan looked like before and after.

I can't speak for what was done or where it has been, length of time sitting on a shelf waiting for a home, but I just have a vision of the temp changes causing moisture and forming a nice black goo that no extractor is going to get out. I have some wonder picture of a goo filled accusump that never saw anything but synthetic oil. If this had been a used car purchase I would have drained the oil flushed it with clean oil and some TEC 2000 and changed the oil again. http://www.tec-2000.co.uk/tecinfo/en...ngineflush.php