View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by f01driver View Post
Wow, $5k isn't bad actually...up here someone was quoted $20k for a f10. I've been told tho that matte paint jobs are a b!tch to maintain; I read that any bird dropping which isn't remove within minutes will basically damage the paint so makes you wonder if it's even worth the hassle.
Maintain is not too bad, just like normal paint. Here is a link explain by BMWNA

BUT, can't just polish/buff scratches at home as it will need to handle by the paint shop.

Warp is a option and avg shop charge around $2.5~3K. However, to match factory quality top warp installer charge up to $7~8K to have perfect edge finish plus cover most of trunk and inside door jamb but after all that still can't do the engine bay. So $5K for factory matt finish is pretty reasonable IMO.

2012 750iAH Mineral White, Oyster Nappa with Fineline Matte Wood trim. Cold, Driver Assistance, Luxury, Instrument panel leather, Sdadowline and BMW Apps.

Retired -
2011 X5 50i M Sport Alpine White