Thread: X1 pcd
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Custom User

Mein Auto: X1
Thumbs up X1 pcd

I've had an amazing experience this week picking up the car at the Performance Driving School. I highly recommend this for those who don't mind a road trip from South Carolina. Big props to Fest sponsor Justin from New Century BMW he gave me a great deal and he made the whole process stress-free. His dealership is in California, but this doesn't matter if you can do Performance Center Delivery (PCD). Bonus: by the time you're home your car might be out of its break-in period

The PCD experience is definitely worth doing; BMW pays for one night at the hotel, dinner, breakfast and lunch. The driving school is a blast, you get to drive on a slalom course, they teach braking techniques, there's drifting, and there's the M5 hot lap. Then a free factory tour and a BMW Zentrum museum visit. Also included is a very thorough vehicle presentation at PCD, where they show you how every function works. It was a great experience; the only slight downside for me was that they gave me an X3 for the school instead of an X1 (I was told their own X1 was not yet broken in, even though someone else apparently did drive it earlier in the week). The X3 felt a bit wobbly on the slalom course so I'm definitely happy that I bought the X1 and not the X3.

There's a forum dedicated to PCD, check it out for more info: Bimmerfest PCD

Last edited by the_fox; 11-19-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Advertisement