View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1994 325i
Manual Conversion

I also wired in a 2 pole switch but did it a bit differently. Took the power direct from the battery and located the switch in the center console. Disconnected the regular connector to the motor and plugged in the new positive and negative wires directly. in the motor. This way the interlock still works normally and to raise and lower the boot cover I just lean in and hit the switch in the console as I manually raise and lower the top standing at the side of the car.
I like having the trunk interlock so I don't hit the trunk lid on the boot cover as I once did - ouch.

However maybe my completely disconnecting the standard wire connector has caused an other problem as an earlier post mentioned this connector had wires from a micro switch. My hard top defroster would not work and the fuse kept blowing. I found that the micro switch that is supposed to cut the ground to the defroster blower was not doing it's job and even with the top down the blower would run and so with the hard top on both the blower and the defroster in the rear glass had power and bang there goes the fuse. A quick and dirty solution was top pull the rear seat back and unplug the blower motor connector. However I'm now thinking the micro switch may be ok but it is wired through the connector to the boot motor. Anyone have an idea on this - maybe I can just put a jumper between contacts in the motor connector ? If not easy enough to manually plug and unplug the blower motor in spring and fall.