View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW E60 M5
Angry Engine malfunction, reduced power e60 m5

Hello Guys, I just recently got my 2008 M5 it has 76k miles

Had it for a couple of months and its been perfect. I was driving all day today and not beating on it either and I don't really beat on it nowhere close to what some other people do. All day was perfect but I decided to take a little cruise from my house and 2 miles away I got on the highway that's when it said ENGINE MALFUNCTION REDUCED POWER....& THE ENGINE LIGHT It was driving very rough, and not all the power was there.. so I stopped on the emergency lane shut it off then turned it back on but nothing changed. So I drove it back home. Once I got on my garage it smelled like gas and like its running very rich. Turned it off for about 15 minutes. Then I turned it back on again to see if its gonna do it again and that's when bunch of smoke started coming from the exhaust, and the warnings were still there. Then I shut it off. And didn't bother anymore. The car is bone stock. I see some people had this problem but seems to go away with then after the shut it off and turned it back on. Mine won't go away.

PLEASE HELP
Ads by Google