Checked battery this morning, 12.5V. Checked alternator with terminals disconnected from battery and got 13.5V. Thought I'd be brave today and see if I'd make to to school and back (about 35 miles round trip). Bad idea..
Just a mile or so past my house, the battery light comes on. Made it to school no problem though. On the way home, drove about 4 miles, battery light is still on and ABS and some other light come on. Interior lights start to dim, radio is dying, so I pull off into a parking lot. Got a new battery just to get home. Tested the old battery once I got home and got 11.76V. Car would no longer start with this battery (just needs recharge). New battery is already down to 11.9V after driving 15 miles home on it. I wanted to test the alternator once more. Started the car then pulled the negative terminal and the car died INSTANTLY. Started back up, pulled the positive terminal and the car died INSTANTLY again. So either I have some loose connections somewhere or the alternator is toasted.