View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 11:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 328i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew b View Post
Not mine, just posted it so CT could see the wheels

nnjay, might get some suggestions if you post what you're looking for - budget, etc.

Personally, I'm looking to get a set of Apex EC-7 or Arc-8 when it's time to replace the tires. Well-made (rotary or flow forged), very lightweight, good looking. Not cheap, but with wheels, you definitely get what you pay for.

OEM wheels will be pricey. You can get good quality for less if you look at some of the known, reputable manufacturers. Many have wheels that are very very similar to OEM designs, and with an OEM center cap I suspect not many will know the difference (except for us afficianados, who might actually like a cool set of wheels better than OEM).

Check out some of the sponsor vendors here, at least to get an idea of what you like. I'd be very careful of buying wheels off eBay, not only for condition but for the chance you're going to get a cheap knock-off of a well known wheel.

These Apex wheels look very good. Anyone had any negative experience with them?

If I went with these, my next question is Square or Staggered setup? I now live in Texas but may be moving to Colorado next summer for work. If want 18" All Season, Not Run Flat, what would you recommend? I'd like to be all in Wheels/Tires for less than $1,750.

Thanks for your help.

J