View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
I should add a little more, what others I've read have said. Many people do like auto-high beam and comment it's faster than they could be at times and very accurate in turning high beams on and off when it's right. It does appear to do a good job and lets you focus on driving and not side tracking your brain to reach for a control and adjust it.

It also depends on if you live in a city or remote areas. In the City it won't get used very much at all. if you live in the woods it could be helpful in narrow two lane roads with a few but infrequent cars. You probably won't use auto brights on highways or streets but it does depend on your streets. A car that passes next to you ever minute or so it would be nice, but if cars pass you more often than 30 seconds it probably won't be needed.

The puddle lights I think are a cool feature if you park where it's not lit. But my garage is lit well and the car rarely gets parked in pitch black areas. I haven't had puddle lights on any car and have never had to pull out a flash light or phone light to see the door handles to get in (I use keyless entry and the BMW has that or better depending if you have convenience option. To me, puddle lights are a cool gadget but don't truely offer anything functially helpful for me.

I also wouldn't pass on either of these if money wasn't as much of a concern.