View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLCrisisBimmer View Post
Thanks HerrK. It is definitely designed to fit the European plates. Did you have to drill mounting holes to mount?
Our plates here are short and tall, so they hang down over the lower grill area and they look out of place and there does not appear to be any preset mounting holes.
I only used the top two mounting holes on the plate frame and drilled two holes in the bumper. If the dealer installs the plate frame they use all four mounting screws (four holes in your bumper) and put the frame over the lower portion of the kidneys which looks way ugly IMO.

If you use the factory type metal screw designed to hold in plastic, the two screws have sufficient tensile holding power (Ask your CA or SA for a mounting set, they gave them to me free of charge). They look like the screws shown on this link.

http://www.taptite.net/taptite/remform.asp

Have't blown it off yet it multiple runs up to 120 MPH.

You have to go to post #2 & #3 of the previous link to see my CA plates mounted as described above.

HerrK - Keine Eifelfahrt ohne eine Runde über den Nürburgring

May 2010 ED l 2011 35i l Crimson over Ext'd Coral Red w/brushed Alum l 6sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's l Comfort Access l Alarm l Power Heated Seats l & Nav.
FrauK - 2014 Q5 TDI - May 2014 ED | Cuvée Silver over Pistachio beige | Premim Plus | MMI | Nav | B&O