View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 550i M-sport
Unfortunately I'm not able to view your maps, but here are my thoughts. I am partial to Grindelwald over Lauterbrunen, and I am also very partial to the Parkhotel Schoneigg. Great hotel, great location, breathtaking views, and plenty of safe places to park your new BMW. The drive from Lucern to Grindelwald was one of my favorites. I also enjoyed the drive from Grindelwald to Martigny, part of that drive involved driving onto a rail car, then being hauled by train through a long mountain tunnel. I'd also recommend heading a tad further south to a quaint ski town called Cormayeur, which is on the south side (Italian side) of Mount Blanc. It's a very posh upscale ski town with fantastic food, shopping, and views. Not far from there you can visit the ancient Roman city of Aosta, very cool setting and architecture. You could easily drive under Mont Blanc from there (longest tunnel in Europe) pass Chamonix on your way to Annecy.