Thread: windows8?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffoun View Post

I don't know why Microsoft decided to exclude the domain feature from WindowsRT, simply in terms of effort and how much bloated it could be to add that into RT, but it should easily satisfy most enterprise business users. Anyhow, MS can also squeeze more from 8 Pro sales for sure. Win7 is stable but we can't say W8P isn't stable. One can only say XP to 7 upgrade path has the least user impact. ie no training required and less IT support in terms of answering questions like "How do I shut down this laptop running Windows 8??"

The enterprise user has to evaluate cost on every front from licensing, to installation and maintenance, and support. Win8 = will have a significantly higher cost to an enterprise than W7. In addition, the hardware isn't mature enough (price and availability) to support the upgrade.

Microsoft is taking a play from the Apple playbook, force users a completely new technology, in hopes of revolutionizing the market. This does work, but will take time for market-wide adoption, which tends to mean the first couple of years, and products, will not sell in the same manner as say, Windows 7 had. This in conjunction with struggling PC sales due to the onslaught of personal tablet devices, and smartphones offers some grim news to major oems. Will they all fail due to W8= probably not. Will they have to reduce their profits=HELL YEA. The landscape is changing in PC land (ie Microsoft has begun manufacturing their own hardware)

But anyways, this a BMW forum, WTF

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!