Thread: Pads
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicus View Post
We pay for the privilege to only have one dealer on island who takes advantage of that. Parts here are marked up so high that I usually have to go in and fight for the price that they should be. For example I had to pay $48 for my rear brake sensor. They are crazy I think that I am going to start buying my parts from Cali and having them shipped to me.
sounds like a good idea - when you go down that path, you might also try quotes from a few other states or online shops (including forum sponsors) as you might find a cheaper deal even with the slightly higher cost of shipping (although west coast isn't Hawaii cost, it is higher than south/midwest/online). my sister lived in Hawaii for a few years and always had a few stories about outrageous costs.

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)