View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 06:20 AM
Needs Boost

Mein Auto: Red Sled
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
I answered in your thread on the E30 forum, but I'll say it here, too:

Injectors. Pull them and clean them. That random misfire points toward injector problems.
Replied. I did pull them and soaked them overnight then Seafoamed it. Might put some in the tank and oil then do the vac line again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinfaster View Post
i r b here....wit teh snorkelz.

and flippurz...gotta haz teh flippurz.

i am up way too late again searching teh interwebs for interwebz stuffs...

anyway, i would agree with ken on checking the injectors, but i thought that you had swapped them out and cleaned them earlier?? (see, i can 'member stuff, too...)

but if you haven't run any seafoam though i would do that,

and road blast.

probaly gotta stretch her legs a little...

besides, why u post in teh e30 section...i thought that we already established they don;t know how to do anything but swap m50 into that chassis...

df
Haha, I've been beating on it now that it doesn't miss much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinanceGuy View Post
odd thought, but how old is the gas in the tank? I think you said you've been driving it all week, so its probably fresh.

when I got my 318- PO was running 87 octane, and it was probably 2month old fuel. Engine ran like a donkey...

Because of the 87 octane, the engine was retarding the time to compensate. So maybe the timing is off/old gas/I-have-no-idea-but-this-sounded-good-before-typing-it
I ran it empty and filled her up with some 89!

I'll keep driving and report back. I need to fix my fuel pump because the fuel sloshes out the tank when I turn hard lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App