View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 06:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650i
I've done this particular job, and HerbP was very helpful in the process. He is not kidding when he says PITA. If you plan on doing the Cylinder Head Cover Gasket as well, consider getting some of the o-rings for the Fuel Injectors. When you pull them out some may need replacing and some may get lost. I was putting my car back together on a Sunday morning and had to wait till Monday to get the parts, then I didn't have time to finish until the next weekend. My car had some oil lines that didn't seem to show up on the diagrams. Discovered they were simply oil cooling lines. I believe these are in the models made for the gulf cost area, and you may not have the same lines. Here is the Thread whe HerbP helped walk me through the process.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...684&highlight=

I have a number of pictures if you would like me to post some let me know. My car ended up being apart for 2 weeks (3 weekends) due to needing something from the Dealer and not realizing it until the dealer was closed, DOH! it shoudl not take that long I just was not prepared, and wanetd to complete several things at once.

There is a Coolant line that attaches to the Fan Cowl above the Transmission oil coolant lines, you may or may not have these. This one caused me some headache as there are multiple clips to remove the coolant hoses. I managed to not get them quite right and it took me a while to track down the coolant leak after I got the car back together. Once back together, there is limited space availble for putting it back together correctly, grin. Here is a picture. i'm only posting this because it was not something I anticipated when putting it back together the clips just seemed to fit, but it wasn't grin. Good luck.

Oh One more thing. When picking up the O-Ring for the Alternator bracket, there were two options, not just one for my car. It was less than $5.00 for both, I woudl go ahead and get both if they offer you two options. The one they said it should be at the dealer was nto the one it actually was.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120217-00243.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	348112  

Last edited by houbmw-cm; 11-02-2012 at 06:35 AM.