View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Mein Auto: F07 2010 550I GT Xdrive
Question Liftback Opens By Itself?

Looking for anyone else with this problem: my GT550i (2010) has a security issue. The hatchback opens by itself for no rhyme or reason!

This has happened 3 times, fortunately twice in our garage and once in a covered carport. I am taking it for service, as I fear it could open in another situation, like long term airport parking!

The FOB has a button for trunk, but it only opens the trunklid so I have ruled out a pocket-press of the button. I can find no way to open the liftback using the FOB - am I missing something?

Correction: the FOB will open the liftgate. Diamond Key press 1/2 second is lights, 1 second is liftback, 3 seconds is panic alarm. Good to know!

I have been very happy with it since adding the Dinan Stage II, although at this price level it shouldn't need an instant 3rd party upgrade IMO. Now it goes like all get out.

Does burn a lot of oil if I drive in Sport Mode.

I'm having another issue I posted earlier: when I first go to take off, it resists going into DS (sport mode). The stick will not physically move to the left, if I keep rolling and start driving and keep hitting the stick it will suddenly let go and move into DS like normal. I can't identify any reason for this. Thought it was maybe a gas-saving function, as I noticed first when it was near empty. But Nooo, it does it on a full tank too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toms 550 GT Public 640.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	348245  

Last edited by SilverBMWStreak; 11-03-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Trunk Issue Resolved