Thread: no low sulfur??
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5M 50d
If the diesel in the US 15ppm I now understand why you have all the smog gear on the X5.

I have had the BMW diesels since 2003, and our diesel fuel back then was 50ppm, when it dropped to 10ppm BMW up'ed the output of the X5 when was the first release of the 2007 E70 3.0d, then came the 35d.

Then when the diesel fuel dropped to 5ppm the 40d came to Australia, then the LCI model. Basically they are all the same 3.0ltr motor with higher output being applied via mechanical inprovements (turbos, injectors, higher pressures etc etc).

I also know that New Zealand have the same diesel BMW's as us but they always had 20nm more torque than ours due to NZ being a cold weather climate, ours were de-tuned as being a sub-tropical.

I am supprised the US does not have 5ppm diesel. The US would use far more diesel than Australia so I cannot see how the cost would increase, the amount semitraliers you have in the US would out number the total amount of people living in Australia
X5 M50d White, 20"rims, Adaptive Drive, HUD, Xenon Adapt Lights, Rear/Side Camera, Sunroof, Auto Tailgate, Comfort Access, Active Perforated Ventilated Comfort Seats, M Paddle Shift, Active Crus, Stop/Go, Proff Nav + TV, DAB, 16 Spk Ind HiFi, USB, Internet, Apps, 4 Zone Air, Towbar 20% Tint, 5mm Castor Bushes, Yellow Calipers, Ceramic Pads

Last edited by watrob; 11-03-2012 at 12:08 AM.