View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 05:58 AM
The Ornery Old Man

Mein Auto: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio20 View Post
p.p.s. If you ever need to do this, let the engine reach operating temperature and check to see that there are no leaks and no steam (hold your hands or a place a cup over the bleed screw, or shine an led flashlight close to the area) before you drive off. Check this every day for 3-4 days right after you've finished driving for the day, while keeping the engine running at idle. If there are no problems and no hints of a problem, then its a solid fix.

If you don't change the radiator, no problem. Whenever you bleed the radiator (flush the coolant once a year) then you'll just have to reapply the high temp clear/white silicone window sealant again. Removing the bleed screw ruptures the old sealant.
I do read your posts bobby, maybe you should? These quotes from your OP sure seem to imply that this could be a permanent fix. I didn't make that up, you said it. Just wanted to striaghten that out sonny.

I am quite sure that the only person entertained by your "hossanna" fest is you bobby. I personally am concerned for you..... yeah right.
'98 750iL '86 325(e)/5
'95 740iL '84 318i/5