View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650i 330cic X5d MINI
I'd buy an F30 and probbaly will down the line.

At some point our e46's are going to become too old for reliable daily service and we will all "upgrade" to somehting else and you may have reached that point with your 325i. People who drove 2002's then E30's all thought the newer models (including the E46) were crap. Some of them are now driving Prius's or ES330's - poor lost souls...

Having had an E90 and currently owning a Bangle designed / early gen iDrive'ed / run flat equipped 650i - I would say buy the F30 if you like it. My E90 was an 06 330i and I loved its performance, gas mileage, electronic convenience, and yes - reliability.
The 650i is now 5 years old and out of warranty, but in the 3 years I have had it I have done nothing to it except fluid an filter changes. The people who bitch about iDrive never bothered to read the manual or never used it and are just repeating what they heard /read from others who never bothered to read the manual. I think mine is a second gen version and it works fine (if a little slow on the navigation part). I was able to use it immediately after getting in the car, I read the manual the first night, and it's a none-issue. I like the car and while it's big and not as sprite as an e46 in the twisties, it's a fantastic long distance driver - as was the E90.

I have a MINI Countryman All4 that i will probably replace with a Euro Delivery F30 335i x-Drive in a couple of years. Maybe I'm drinking too much of the BMW Kool-Aid, but I'm having a good time doing it.

Life is too short, if you are in a position to get an F30 and that's what you want, get it!