View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13 X3 35i MSport, 09 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManGray View Post
Cool.

Not sure what you ordered exactly, but in case you missed it further up the thread, the front and rear bulbs are not the same model. The fronts have offset pins on the socket, so they're 5707 (PY21W). The rears don't have offset pins, so they're 5706 (P21W). I have no idea why BMW did this since they seem to be the same bulbs other than the socket (and color of course). samillerfl mentioned he used 5706s all the way around but used a grinder on the PY bulbs to remove the offset pin. Anyway, just wanted to mention that in case you weren't aware of that and wanted to change your order.

I am interested in the ambers in the rear. I think all signal lights should be amber, but I never thought much about doing this in the rear of the X3 because I thought there was a red lens over the turn signal bulb anyway.

Post pics and/or video when you get them going.
I definitely will. I read about the pins, I thought they had to be modified all around not just some, so I was just planning on grinding them off either way. Shouldn't be too difficult and from what I heard the 5706 was brighter.

I've had a few vehicles with amber bulbs behind red lenses and they look cool, when they're off everything is red but when they light up they're still amber, it's a neat effect. I'll post photos when it's done.