Thread: Angel eye
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46 M3, 2011 X5 35i
Looks great! I just paid for a set of these as well. Are you still happy with your choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMN View Post
I'm in Edina if you'd like to see how they perform or need help with installation if you purchase some.

Mine are installed! I ordered them on the 22nd with 5-7 day ground shipping. Received them on the 24th. Great turn around.

They came in a simple black box with some contact information and a packing slip inside, but no instructions. They indicated that instructions can be found online. Instead, I referred to the vehicle owner's manual on bulb replacement on page 270.

Twist and remove a cover, twist and remove the existing bulb, and disconnect the electrical connector. Insert and twist the LED bulb, connect the connector, and stuff the wire and power modules into the headlamp housing. Insert and twist the cover. 15 minutes per side if it's your first time.

They work great and have no codes so far.

First impressions are that they are brighter than the stock halogens. They're not as bright as factory LED angel eyes, which is fine with me as I think stock LEDs are too bright.

I haven't seen them in direct sunlight yet. However, with cloudy skies and at night I think they look great!

I purchased these (over other brands) because they had good feedback and they actually stated their power level (20W). I also liked that they dim similar to the halogens when turned on and off.

Here are a couple of pictures that I tried to expose to reflect how they appear at night. In taking pictures I realized how hard it is to capture how they really look.

Last edited by macming; 11-04-2012 at 09:01 AM.