View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean d View Post
Hi,

Not to beat a dead horse, but Ive seen many answers, but now I'm getting confused by the multitude of threads.

I just bought a 2008 X5 3.0i (Premium, Sport, Cold Weather & Tech packs) as a CPO from a local dealer. During negotiations it was determined that they would make my iPhone 4s integrate into the iDrive system. They are supposed to install a BMW part(s) that would allow me to plug in, but said they may also need a 30-pin female to male iphone extension cable to bring the cable up to where I want. Either the armrest (I dont want that) or somewhere on the center console. In my armrest I have an 3.5mm Aux input (no usb port). My goal is to be able to navigate my music from the iDrive, however, if I want to use my SiriusXM app or Pandora, I want manual control (which is why I dont want it in my armrest.)

So I'm looking for several types of responses on this.
  • What they are planning on doing.
  • Will it work as planned?
  • Any pitfalls I should be aware of?
  • Should I make certain of things prior to any work being performed?

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated as I do not want this to be done incorrectly or limit the capabilities I could actually have.
It's just the old iPod interface that uses the cd changer connections to emulate it for the iPhone. You will be able to navigate your iPhone/iPod. It's functional.

No apps support and it won't work with pandora or Sirius xm app.