View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i, 330ci, R1200C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblair85 View Post
My bimmer has right under 100k miles. I just replaced both control arms, ball joints, and bushings and had my vehicle aligned. Shortly after I am now hearing a clunking noise while driving the vehicle which occurs primarily while braking hard. It also happens while turning. Not a repeated clunk like a CV joint but more of a single "POP!". I know that I still have the factory struts and engine mounts but these items appear to be fine from close inspection. Does anyone have any suggestions on what this may be?

I have already taken the vehicle into the shop that performed the alignment and they said the alignment is fine...when asking them about the noise they suggested it may be the engine mount (but I can't see the engine mount being loose at all). Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks!
It sounds like FCAB's. Get under it and make sure the FCAB's were installed correctly and not on top of the bushings. A visible gap between the FCAB and its mounting point will be noted if it is not installed correctly.
You could also visually inspect motor mounts while down there and try to pry between mount and sub frame to see if it is a bad MM.