View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 04:21 AM

Mein Auto: R1150R+
In a visit to my closest dealer(1.5hrs away) I was given an offer of invoice plus $500 contingent on me doing a Dec PDC delivery/deal. I just did my car specs which I've changed to this: Blue Water Metallic w/Wavewood,Mojave Nevada lthr,Cold weather pkg,premium pkg,Satellite radio= Invoice- 40,910+$500=41,410. MSRP =44,445- the 9% listed above=$40,444. Sounds like the guy above got his car(lets just say it was opted out same as mine) for $465 under invoice using my car specs . Then they gave him a $1,000 college grad credit! I assume BMW pays the grad thing but I am left to wonder if the dealer holdback is enough to allow them a profit? Not that I care about that so much as my savings...
So, when I'm talking to both my sales people that make me the $600 over invoice deal then later the $500 over invoice deal I'm thinking , "this is too easy"? No haggle! My sales guy is a straight up guy, so I ask him and he says"we'll get ours on the holdback anyway". In a quick search I don't see that BMW has payed holdbacks to dealers in the past but obviously they are jumping at the deal. When you think about it, the dealer is filling out some papers & a bit of conversation (same as any deal for that matter on that) & more importantly they have no interest fees or prep costs associated with that car as I get all that from SC delivery. Bottom line on my PCD car-they get $500 + holdback for some paperwork. Part of that paperwork I've filled out myself on my many private deals over the years, so not so difficult. Apparently the car counts either against a certain months car allocation or they want the sale in a certain months sales figures for promotional advantage.
I'm now going to find out if the deal can get sweeter via a dealer(who are you???) that will sell for invoice to get holdback for filling out a few forms.
#1-How much is holdback on a 2013 X3?
#2-How did they ,ake any profit @ the 9% deal mentioned above?
#3- Who will sell me a PCD X3 for straight invoice?