View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:37 AM
OBDI Junkie

Mein Auto: E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95bmw740il View Post
I did get a response thank you though for being forum police. No one said i was expecting spinning tires at wot in this car. I have a 400hp vw that does that fine. My question/help was 100% readable and answerable. Thats why war machine answered it way before you. No offense-intended . Btw war machine, i just bought a new fuel filter today and hopefully that will fix my issue.
That was not my intent at all. I only meant that you should examine more the overall picture. I could laundry list typical issues that would prevent maximum oomph-- but that is much like just blindly throwing money at the problem. I'm not implying anyone else is suggesting that practice- only that for me personally to provide any real direction, more info is needed. Hope that makes better sense. I am in no race to answer questions, and after reviewing the thread- you didn't even follow his advice. Not sure why you assumed I was looking down my nose at you; I was not.

With that in mind, your problem is no doubt the result of reduced low pressure, retarded timing, lack of ignition /and / or weak spark, reduced combustion and / or compression, air / fuel mixture inefficiency, incorrect air density metering, intake air restriction, exhaust gas restriction... see my point?

I hope your fuel filter does fix the issue, but if it's clogged enough to really hamper WOT flogging the 17 year old car like a backdoor rug-- likely there are other issues that are contributing and / or helping mask other problems related to reduced performance. What is the MPG like city / hwy?

Last edited by mgoods50; 11-05-2012 at 10:40 AM.