View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 535i, '99 328i retd
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcoke View Post
I'm having a similiar problem with my 2012 550i. The car has the M-sport package with the factory 19" wheels and Pirelli runflat factory tires. Build date was March 2012. It's a slight vibration around 70-80 MPH. Not terrible but weird. I chalked it up to a byproduct of the electric steering but now I'm thinking that is not normal. My last BMW was a 2009 335i and although it did not have the electric assisted steering, it was smooth at any speed. The car goes in this week at the dealer for installation of the Dinan suspension kit so I may have them check it while its there and inquire if anyone else driving F10s are experiencing the same annoying problem.
It's not normal (gee, look at ourselves - we're lowered the damn bar so much). My stock RFTs are vibration free at any speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
If your balance wasn't performed using a Hunter Road Force Balancer, I would find one in your area and give it another shot. Here is a link where you can locate a shop that owes a Hunter Road Force balancer
http://www.gsp9700.com/search/findgsp9700.cfm
Thanks. Is the road force different from "regular" balance using that machine that spins the wheel to 40-50 kmh I think? Would tire rack not do it properly? My local shop indeed found it off balance. So maybe there's something moving inside? (like tire on a rim like someone said)? My neighbour had a similar problem. He ended up finding a cause, there was water residue in the tire, no shop could ever balance it right. The water came from one of those fix-a-flat thingys. But our problem is different I think...