Thread: Total loss
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WULFFZA View Post
Why would the insurance pay the salvage value on top? Interested to know as I am waiting on my insurance co to declare a total loss. Since they are paying you the full market value already, why anything they recoup from salvage as well? or is the salvage value not included in payout, just this calculation. So it minimizes chance of total loss?
You misunderstood the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMPower View Post
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask I was a former adjuster/appraiser and I am now an underwriter for a P&C so I can explain all the normal workings and the general procedures
What is your opinion of what the insurance company will pay given the OP's circumstances? Given the model year of the car, 2013, age, only a very few months, and the low mileage, 5,000, will they reimburse the OP for the amount he actually paid for the car? The only way to make him whole is to put him back into another 2013 model F30 equipped the same way as the totalled car.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 11-05-2012 at 01:46 PM.