View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 03:28 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 E53
Radio stays on with out ignition keys

Please, help.. Any one with this issue? My BMW X5 E54 2002, radio system stays on even when there is no ignition key. This is causing my battery to drain over the night causing me late for work in the morning.. To overcome this I now take the fuse out. I have tried all sorts of measures to fault find.
List of what I have done so far...
1) Completely drained power by disconnecting the battery for 1 hr.
Out come (nothing)
2) Took all the fuse, checked them for any faults (just in case)
Out come (nothing) I know its nothing to do with fuses coz there is power going to the radio.
3) I have till now read everything that is there ref. to BMW radio, but this is making me more confused.
Out come ( some says its to do with ignition barrel, some suggest its to do with cable black connector behind the center console panel (left of console) right under the e-brake handle between the console and the seat)

I hate to go to garage coz i know they will start charging me from the moment they touch my Bimmer. I have already spent 4000 from the day I bought this car, so please apart from suggesting me to go to BMW dealer, are there any one to lighten my life out of this misery. (Oh! ya just changed my battery to new one ... coz my battery was draining rapidly just to let you know
Advertisement