View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmoreslim View Post
That's not what I physically saw and was told at the Dingolfing plant...I believe I may have incorrectly stated that frozen paint is just the regular paint-when actually you can get any color paint in a frozen color in a a 5, 6, or 7 or M car...however, in the plant, the car does not go through the clear coat process. The paint is actually different, they may add some kind of clear element in the base paint shop, but the car does not physically get the clear coat treatment on the line. This was a major topic of discussion-the clear coat on an F02 actually weighs something like 4 kg.

http://www.youtube.com/v/khYHWhku-0E?
Refer to above post

The BMW matte paint does have a clear coat, it's just less shiny to put it simply. You just cannot buff or wax the car, as those will flatten the clear coat, making it more shiny, which defeats the purpose of the matte finish.

After watching that video, I'd seriously consider getting a matte car. I have a CR Spotless water system, and that would be pretty easy to keep clean.

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.

Last edited by ChrisF01; 11-05-2012 at 07:09 PM.