View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 04:48 AM
A Clean Windshield

Mein Auto: 2000 Imola M Coupe
I double checked the nuts I have in stock . I bought them in two lots. The first lot (in my parts draw are correct 11MM) the second lot bought last week (I was short 4) were wrong. part number correct but wrong nuts(12mm).

Hey Randy some of those old Photos are no longer showing in the posts. Are they available elsewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
As long as the thread size (M7) is the same, theoretically they should work. Test one on a stud poking out ahead of time to be sure...

The only problem as I see it, is that there's a couple of studs that are 99.9% impossible to get the nut on, and a 12mm tool size (vs 11mm) will complicate that. Worst case, you could reuse a couple of the original nuts in those few places that are difficult to access.

Definitely test the nut on a stud though, because I ordered some (for my impending twinscrew installation...) not all that long ago, and they were supplied as 11mm (across the flats).

Terry and Camille's car: I swear on the Bible that it took me over twenty (>20) minutes to get that nut on! Confirmed__picture says thirty (30)!

Dinan suspension, M rotors /Axxis pads
Eurosport Cam Kit 1, touch lane change
Zaino polish, Beach Sand
Garys mirror adapter, S54 Oil Cooler
seat tilt coupling nuts, spare tire

"life's to short to drink cheap beer"

Last edited by bob lindquist; 11-06-2012 at 04:58 AM.