View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo588 View Post
Excellent point you all have. I agree that the BMW 5 series is a fine sedan and a great one despite the problems that plagued me. I wish BMW did do a better job in producing this car more carefully and making it less problem proned then the other competitors whom have done a great job in releasing their luxury sedans without too many of these issues. Anyways I am still a loyal BMW owner with my 2008 BMW 335xi coupe and I know one day I will return to purchase another BMW but I will avoid the first 2 years of production to be safe.
Avoid the first year is always good advice (even though I have not always followed it). The reality is that certain problems will always make it through. Just like in electronics and software - companies can not rule out 100% of the problem during design and testing. The reality is a lot gets missed and the consumer winds up being the final test. (There is just no way they can duplicate a couple of hundred thousand people interacting with their cars in different conditions.) But I accept that, as long as it is coupled with the good service departments and outstanding warranty